Michael W. Modica
888-672-0082 (Toll Free)
An Experienced Delaware Trial Lawyer Who Will Fight For You if you are charged with crime or traffic offense, you will need an experienced trial lawyer. You will need someone who goes to court on a regular basis. EXPERIENCE MATTERS! My name is Michael Modica, and I defend people charged with criminal and traffic offenses every day. Since 1982, I have dedicated my legal career to advancing the rights of my clients, and I have a record of success which demonstrates my skill and dedication. In fact, the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating process reflects that fellow attorneys in Delaware have provided me with a Peer Review Rating of "VERY HIGH RATING IN BOTH LEGAL ABILITY AND ETHICAL STANDARDS,"
For almost 30 years, I have successfully handled every type of criminal case, from DUI and other traffic offenses, to misdemeanors and serious felonies, including capital murder cases, I regularly defend people in Superior Court, Family Court, and the Court of Common Pleas, as well as Newark Alderman's Court and Justice of the Peace Courts.
As a reflection of my experience, I have been a speaker at legal seminars, instructing other attorneys on DUI defense and Criminal Defense Evidence law and rules. I have appeared on MSNBC and WILM as a criminal defense expert, I have been appointed by Superior Court judges to represent individuals charged with capital murder.
The principle that guides me as a criminal defense attorney is to IMAGINE THAT I AM THE CLIENT as I represent people. I understand the fear, stress and anxiety that comes with being arrested and facing a prosecution, and I will do everything in my power to achieve a satisfactory outcome for you. So, if you or a family member has been charged with a crime or traffic offense, please contact me to schedule a free consultation to discuss how I can help you.
"YOUR CAUSE IS MY PURPOSE"
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crime
- Traffic Violations
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Workers' Compensation Law
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Delaware, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1987
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1982
- McDaniel College, Westminster, Maryland
- B.A. - 1979
- Major: Political Science
- DUI Defense, Superior Court Forum, 1997 - Present
- Rules of Evidence - Hearsay Statements, Superior Court Forum, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1998 - Present
- Delaware Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1999 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Department of Justice State of Delaware, Deputy Attorney General, 1983 - 1985
- Aerenson, Ferrara and Lyons, Associate, 1985 - 1988
Pro Bono Activities
- Brandywine School District Board of Education, 1991 - 1996
- Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association, 2008 - 2010