Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Wilmington Underage Consumption Lawyer

If you — or your child — has been charged with underage drinking, your biggest fear is probably the effect this charge will have on your record. If you are a University of Delaware student, a conviction may also result in administrative discipline by the University. As an experienced Newark lawyer, I, Michael Modica, have helped many underage people achieve the best resolution possible for their circumstances and keep the charge off of their permanent record.

After being arrested for underage drinking, a date will be set for your arraignment where you will be expected to enter your guilty or non-guilty plea. You NEED to talk to an experienced Wilmington underage consumption lawyer before your arraignment who can explain your options and guide you through the legal process.

With more than 30 years of experience, I, Michael W. Modica, Attorney at Law, have helped numerous University of Delaware students and other minors fight their underage drinking and student alcohol use charges and negotiate alternative resolutions that keep their records clean.

“Mike takes a very commonsense approach to the law. His ability to breakdown legal concepts and navigate the legal system gave us a strong sense of confidence as we worked out a fair resolution to the charges facing our college student. I would recommend Mike without reservation.” — R.O.

Keep Your Record Clean

One mistake shouldn’t haunt you forever. As an experienced Newark underage drinking defense lawyer, I know what it takes to keep my clients’ records clean.

If there is a strong case against you, you may benefit from probation before judgment. This involves pleading guilty to your charge and successfully completing probation. Once probation is complete, the charges will be dropped and your case dismissed. We can then expunge the charge from your record, giving you a clean slate moving forward.

If you choose to fight the charges and lose your case, we can still keep the conviction off of your record. If underage drinking is your only offense, we can expunge the ticket from your record when you reach 21 years of age.

Whatever you do, do NOT try to handle this charge on your own. If you are charged with multiple crimes and accept a plea bargain in exchange for dropped charges, you may be prevented from having certain charges expunged from your record.

Don’t let a mark on your record impair your abilities to find employment, gain admission to graduate school, or join the military — contact an experienced Wilmington underage consumption lawyer today. Initial consultations are free and confidential.

Share This Page:
MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2017 - 2024 Michael W. Modica, Attorney at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab